What do we mean by "personal information?"(Personal data)
For us, "personal information" means information which identifies you, for example your name, plate number of your vehicle, and cell phone number.
Any information that falls outside of this is "non-personal information."
If we store your personal information with information that is non-personal, we will consider the combination as personal information.
If we remove all personal information from a set of data then the remaining is non-personal information.
What type of personal information do we collect?
- Name, telephone number, plate number of your vehicle, feedback ratings and payment information of the app user;
- Geographical location of the user, the time of provision of service and the destination;
- Identification data of the device on which the Chat2cars app has been installed;
- Cookies of the Chat2cars website save the website user’s telephone number and geographic location data.
The purpose of collecting personal information
- We collect and process personal information for the purpose of matching up a user with technical support and other services the application and website provide.
- We forward the data on geographic location and telephone number of the user to the technical support team to enable to decide whether the user is located nearby;
- We may use the personal information to resolve service quality issues relating to technical support;
- We use contact details to notify you of updates to the Chat2cars app;
- We collect data on the routes taken by the Chat2cars app users to analyse the geographic coverage in order to make recommendations to the technical support team;
- We collect personal information to provide your details to the seller of the products and /or services you wish to inspect/ purchase;
- We collect personal information to contact you in the future at your request;
- The personal information collected via the Chat2cars app will not be used for identification of persons or their locations, nor for the purpose of behavioural marketing.
How do we learn information about you?
We learn information about you when:
- Your Account Information. You provide your plate number or email address to create a Chat2cars account. You may also add other information to your account, such as a profile name, profile picture, and status message.
- Your Messages. We do not retain your messages in the ordinary course of providing our Services to you. Once your messages (including your chats, photos, videos, voice messages, files, and share location information) are delivered, they are deleted from our servers. Your messages are stored on your own device. If a message cannot be delivered immediately (for example, if you are offline), we may keep it on our servers for up to 30 days as we try to deliver it. If a message is still undelivered after 30 days, we delete it. To improve performance and deliver media messages more efficiently, such as when many people are sharing a popular photo or video, we may retain that content on our servers for a longer period of time. We also offer end-to-end encryption for our Services, which is on by default.
- Customer Support. You may provide us with information related to your use of our Services, including copies of your messages, and how to contact you so we can provide you customer support. For example, you may send us an email with information relating to our app performance or other issues.
- Usage and Log Information. We collect service-related, diagnostic, and performance information. This includes information about your activity (such as how you use our Services, how you interact with others using our Services, and the like), log files, and diagnostic, crash, website, and performance logs and reports.
- Transactional Information. If you pay for our services, we may receive information and confirmations, such as payment receipts, including from app stores or other third parties processing your payment.
- Device and Connection Information. We collect device-specific information when you install, access, or use our Services. This includes information such as hardware model, operating system information, browser information, IP address, mobile network information including phone number, and device identifiers. We collect device location information if you use our location features, such as when you choose to share your location with your contacts, view locations nearby or those others have shared with you, and the like, and for diagnostics and troubleshooting purposes such as if you are having trouble with our app’s location features.
- we collect it automatically through our products and services (e.g., when your sign up on our browser or mobile applications);
- someone else tells us information about you; or
- When we try and understand more about you based on information you've given to us e.g., when we use your IP address to customize language for some of our services).
What do we do with your information once we have it?
We use all the information we have to help us operate, provide, improve, understand, customize, support, and market our Services.
- Safety and Security. We verify accounts and activity, and promote safety and security on and off our Services, such as by investigating suspicious activity or violations of our Terms, and to ensure our Services are being used legally.
- Communications about Our Services. We communicate with you about our Services and features and let you know about our terms and policies and other important updates. We may provide you marketing for our Services.
- No Third-Party Banner Ads. We do not allow third-party banner ads on Chat2cars.if we ever do, we will update this policy.
- Commercial Messaging. We will allow you and third parties, like businesses and also car dealers to communicate with each other using Chat2cars, such as through order, transaction, and appointment information, delivery and shipping notifications, product and service updates, and marketing. For example, you may receive flight status information for upcoming travel, a receipt for something you purchased, or a notification when a delivery will be made. Messages you may receive containing marketing could include an offer for something that might interest you. We do not want you to have a spammy experience; as with all of your messages, you can manage these communications, and we will honor the choices you make.
- When you give us information, we will use it in the ways in which you've given us permission. Generally, we use your information to help us provide and improve our products and services for you.
When do we share your information with others?
- When we have asked and received your permission to share it.
- For processing or providing products and services to you, but only if those entities receiving your information are contractually obligated to handle the data in ways that are approved by Chat2cars
- When we are fulfilling our mission of being open. We sometimes release information to make our products better and foster an open web, but when we do so, we will remove your personal information and try to disclose it in a way that minimizes the risk of you being re-identified.
- When the law requires it. We follow the law whenever we receive requests about you from a government or related to a lawsuit. We'll notify you when we're asked to hand over your personal information in this way unless we're legally prohibited from doing so. When we receive requests like this, we'll only release your personal information if we have a good faith belief that the law requires us to do so. Nothing in this policy is intended to limit any legal defences or objections that you may have to a third party's request to disclose your information.
- When we believe it is necessary to prevent harm to you or someone else. We will only share your information in this way if we have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to protect the rights, property or safety of you, our other users, Chat2cars or the public.
- If our organizational structure or status changes (if we undergo a restructuring, are acquired, or go bankrupt) we may pass your information to a successor or affiliate.
Managing your Information
If you would like to manage, change, limit, or delete your information, we allow you to do that through the following tools:
- Services Settings. You can change your Services settings to manage certain information available to other users. You can manage your contacts, groups, and broadcast lists, or use our block feature to manage the users with whom you communicate.
- Changing Your Plate Number, Username (Profile Name), and Picture, and Status Message. You must change your plate number or username using our in-app change number feature and transfer your account to your new plate number. You can also change your profile name, profile picture, and status message at any time.
- Deleting Your Chat2cars Account. You may delete your Chat2cars account at any time (including if you want to revoke your consent to our use of your information) using our in-app delete my account feature. When you delete your Chat2cars account, your undelivered messages are deleted from our servers as well as any of your other information we no longer need to operate and provide our Services. Be mindful that if you only delete our Services from your device without using our in-app delete my account feature, your information may be stored with us for a longer period. Please remember that when you delete your account, it does not affect the information other users have relating to you, such as their copy of the messages you sent them.
Personal Information held By or disclosed By You Or Chat2cars to a Third Party
How do we store and protect your personal information?
- We are committed to protecting your personal information once we have it. We implement physical, business and technical security measures. Despite our efforts, if we learn of a security breach, we'll notify you so that you can take appropriate protective steps.
- We also don't want your personal information for any longer than we need it, so we only keep it long enough to do what we collected it for. Once we don't need it, we take steps to destroy it unless we are required by law to keep it longer.
- We will hold and process your personal data only for the period your account is activated.
We may need to change this policy and our notices. The updates will be posted online. If the changes are substantive, we will announce the update through Chat2cars’s usual channels for such announcements such as blog posts and forums. Your continued use of the product or service after the effective date of such changes constitutes your acceptance of such changes